December 7, 2010

Christmas and Holiday Gifts




This season is the best for books and booklovers. I always love to give and get books for presents. I really can't think of ever being excited about getting a new download to a kindle, Ipad, or notebook- can you? Do you have a favorite holiday book or book present that you received. Do you have a favorite book story or quote from someone who got a great book for Christmas.

One of my favorite Christmas books is the 1947 Golden Christmas book. It was actually given to my oldest sister as a gift - but my Dad had a family tradition that on Thanksgiving night he would get the book out and he would read a story every night up to Christmas Eve. When I had my daughter Angelina in 1982 I wanted to get a copy of this book and continue the tradition. I think this was my first book that I sought out as a book collector- I got an excellent copy. There is a tissue paper pop-up Christmas tree in the front and as you can imagine this get worn very easily. I have since found other copies of this book for my brothers and sisters. The original family copy is still with my oldest sister, Carolyn. I wanted to share this story and post because I am curious of your stories and also if there are any other lovers of this book in the docent group. Happy Holidays Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment