October 27, 2011

Let's Connect and Share

I think most folks know my feelings about this Blog. I like it and would love to see it be a place where we can check in and share our thoughts and knowledge about being a museum docent-share resources and ideas for research and make requests.

I just read a great book (found it at my local library) and it would be a great gift for someone who loves 18th century British history, gardening, horticulture and art. The Paper Garden- An Artist begins her Life's Work at 72 by Molly Peacock. It is a biography of Mary Granville Pendarves Delany (1700-1788) a woman who at age 72 created a new art form= mixed media collage. A beautiful book and one that I would consider a fine art printed book. Not for the Kindle . It's on my Christmas list. More info on Powells Books
http://www.powells.com/biblio/1-9781608195237-0

Request: In reading this book I found that I don't know English titles - which ones are honorary, political, or family or marriage related. Does anyone know a good source book or web site or cheat sheet where I could look up and get definitions of Dukes, Duchesses, Lords, Viscounts etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment