October 6, 2010

Sunnyside in Tarrytown

This time of year, I need to take a trip up the mighty Hudson to view my beloved Palisades. I went with a girlfriend who had never been there before so as a treat, we stopped at Tarrytown so she could visit Washington Irving's home, "Sunnyside". With Halloween on the horizon it was a perfect time to visit. I ended up having a lovely conversation with the site's librarian who has been to the RML and we had a great chat about Irving, Gratz and Scott. If you've never visited there, it is a great place and of course, there are so many, too many great places in that area to begin to choose a favorite...I guess one of mine is Storm King Art Center!

1 comment:

  1. If you have never visited, we plan on going on the docent spring bus trip!

    ReplyDelete